Saturday, August 18, 2012

home sweet home

I got home from the Philippines late Tuesday night. (more to come on that later).  Mike gets home from Georgia in T minus 2 hours or so!!   He's been at FLETC for defensive tactics instructor school.(hopefully I got that right).  He passed and graduated yesterday and is flying home today.

We used a house sitter for this trip for Boulevard and Stuart and it seemed to go really well.  Stuart didn't seem as traumatized and no kennel cough risks by boarding them.  By the way, Boulevard is completely healed from his kennel cough.  YAY!  I think the sitter left our house in better order than how we left it for her.  ;)

Ranger couldn't go with Mike so we boarded him...he's a little much to handle so we didn't want to put the sitter through that.  I picked him up from the kennel on Thursday.  Imagine if you will ~ 100 lbs of German Shepard being leashed and led by me to the car from the kennel.  Ok...let me rephrase...100 lbs of Ranger literally dragging me across the parking lot to the car, my feet flying behind me, trying to resist the pull, and yelling NEIN NEIN(Ranger's "no" command) at the top of my lungs.  I'm surprised I didn't face plant into the pavement.  Come to think of it I don't think I've ever handled Ranger with a leash and now I know why.

When Mike gets home with the computer, I'll blog and post some pics about my Philippines trip.  It was incredible trip and a great reminder of how blessed we are to live in the U.S.A. and  have the things we have.  I'm so amazingly thankful for the life I live and the great country we live in!

No comments: