Wednesday, January 22, 2014

something to ponder

Keep people in your life that truly...

love you
motivate you
encourage you
inspire you
enhance you &
make you happy

If you have people that do none of the above, let them go. 

As I get older, (I said I'm getting older, not that I'm old!) :) I really have learned to appreciate and understand this concept. When I was younger, I always felt like I had to please all my friends & aquaintences and continue being friends with someone because that's "just what you do."  As I've moved away from my closest friends, I've come to realize and value those strong friendships that I have.   All relationships entail a certain level of "work" but sometimes it's not worth the effort or I have realized that some people don't seem to bring value to my life.  Or, maybe even causes an unnecessary amount of stress in my life. I have let go of some friends over the years and I've come to accept it. It's just the natural course of life, right?

What do you think about the quote?  Have you let people go from you life?



No comments: