Tuesday, January 5, 2010

ahh...the new years resolutions

Some years I make New Years Resolutions and some years I don't...for 2010, I have decided to declare my New Years Resolutions to the world(well, at least my blog followers) and I hope that you all can help me stay on track. The only rule for you is: You can't make fun of my resolutions!!

1) Write one handwritten letter to someone at least once a month ~
In this time of technology with blogging, Facebook, email, and texting, I NEVER write letters to people and I used to have numerous pen pals as a child...so my goal is to write one letter per month! Maybe you'll be the lucky recipient?!! :) And maybe I'll get something other than bills in the mail if someone responds to my letter!!

2) I typically don't make weight-loss goals but this year I want to try to get to my goal weight ~
My friend Adena sums it up nicely..."we all have a weight that is healthy & maintainable and then we all have a weight that we can get to but really isn't maintainable"...well I want to get to my non-maintainable weight and make it maintainable. AND no I'm not going to tell you what the weight is.(who are you kiddin'? ~ I'm crazy but not that crazy!)

3) Take the dogs to the dog park at least once every other week ~ As you all know, I live in a townhome with no fenced in yard so the pups are ALWAYS on leashes. Although I am pretty good at taking them on walks(well do I really have a choice? Gotta take them on a walk so they can relieve themselves), I think they deserve a trip to the dog park to run wild without a leash.

4) My cousin Janna(geez~you've been featured in my blog 2 times in a row! :)) has an annual "word" of the year. Taking that same approach, my "theme" for the year is being and staying active and trying to motivate whoever I can to hop on the bandwagon of being active & healthier.

There you have it! Help keep me on track people!! Nothing too earth-shattering as far as resolutions but something to strive for. My Yoga instructor said the other day in class, "quitting something is failing at it." If you cheat on one of your resolutions, don't give up and quit, get back on track and keep striving toward that goal!(whatever it may be)

4 comments:

Janna said...

To quote Scarlett "Tomorrow is another day." I like that "quitting is failing" quote, we all have bad days at whatever we're trying to accomplish, but sad is the day when we just stop trying. AND how boring life would be if we had nothing to strive for. I mean REALLY. (and wow, I do feel really special having my name mentioned twice now) ;o)

Bo said...

In terms of goals I like the following thought: Time will pass no matter how you spend it. A year from now it will be a year from now no matter what you do between now and then. Why not spend the time doing things that a year from now, you will be happier and healthier for having done?

Bo said...

BTW Ten - Bo is Adena. :)

Mike and Kirsten said...

A-I like your thought/quote!! Very true!