Saturday, January 16, 2010

the verdict is...

Ok, I'll try to not make every post about working out/gym but right now that's one of the biggest parts of my life, third to Mike & work.

Well, I came in 2nd place with 70 classes taken between November 15th and January 15th. The first place winner took 114 classes!! DANG! Apparently, she had about 3 weeks off over the course of the two months and she said she basically took every class offered every day. Good for her! My group fitness director Gina did say, "Kirsten, If there was a prize for the most improved/toned arms, it would be you!" Hey...I'll take that! AND I'll take 2nd place!

I think my next challenge is going to be doing Jillian Michaels program in the book titled, "Making the Cut." Usually programs like that are really hard for me to stick to(especially the food portion) but I think I may start it in mid-February after our vacation to Charleston, SC. Until then, I'm going to continue to go to the classes and hopefully get back into a little running as well. Did I mention, I also started a food journal? Gosh, I've never been a calorie counter and keeping a food journal has definitely opened my eyes to the amount of calories I consume. YIKES!

Are you challenging yourself? What are you doing to stay active? I'd love to hear you success stories!!

On the Charleston note, Mike and I are meeting my sister and brother-in-law in Charleston, SC for the second week in February. We are looking forward to the vacation and, more importantly, seeing Beth and Jason. We've never been to Charleston and so it'll be another place to check off of the many places we want to go. We love travelling!!

1 comment:

Janna said...

Let me know how you like the Jillian Michaels book--just ordered the "30 Day Shred" I still have a few weeks/month until it will be okay to start it. I've heard food journaling is a great way to keep yourself accountable--which is why I've never done it. ;o)Yay on your fabulous arms--I'm not sure I've ever had great arms, even when I was in the best of shape. We'll see what success I can have with some Jillian videos . . . ;o)