If you missed part 1, you can read it here.
As you know from the last post, I found this blogger write about skin care she was using so I wanted to give some of it a try. Although, I'm not doing everything she does, I did purchase a few of the products.
* Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Facewash ~ I really love this cleanser. It's gentle, foams up nicely, feels good on my skin, & smells lovely.
* Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel ~ I apply this after I cleanse and it also feels good and seems really gentle.
* Grape Seed Oil ~ I was very hesitant to use an oil as a moisturizer but I have been using this occasionally in the evening. I use the Derma E product(discussed below) on other nights.
* Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Normal/Oily Skin ~ I love this and have been using it every morning. It feel really moisturizing and has sun protection in it. When my sample size of Derma E runs out, I may try the nighttime formula of this Boots No7 product.
A few things I'm doing different than the other blogger:
* I don't wear makeup every day so I haven't been using coconut oil for makeup removal. I did receive a product called Cailyn Dizzolv'It Makeup Melt Cleansing Balm in a recent Birchbox. It has the consistency of coconut oil and I rub it all over my face when I need to remove makeup and then use the Pacifica Facewash.
* I have a few eye creams but I've been using the Anew Rejuvenate 24 Hour Eye Moisturizer by Avon. It has a night formula and a day formula with SPF.
* For the nights I use Retin A, I have been apply the Derma E Hydrating Night Creme. I also received this in a Birchbox and it's just really luxurious, moisturizing, & smells lovely.
* I don't use the oatmeal she suggested so I wash my face morning and night with the Pacifica Facewash.
* I also still occasionally use my face wipes if it's a late night or I can't muster up the energy to do my face routine. It's quick and easy and I say, although they aren't perfect, it's better than sleeping on a dirty face. I use the Simple Cleansing Face Wipes brand.
I have made a huge point of doing my face routine in the evening and morning these days. I've only missed one 'washing' in the past 2 weeks. I don't shower every morning since I work from home(ok, sometimes I don't even shower every day - don't judge!) but I have been doing my face/neck cleansing routine every morning and night. Honestly, it really doesn't take that long and I think I'm already seeing the benefits.
About 2 days after I started using these products, I went to a local skin care clinic for my skin care analysis where I came away with Retin A and a few other recommendations. I'll talk about my visit and my experience with Retin A so far in my next post.
Lesson of skin care journey part 2: Try different products until you find the products that work for you. I've been using the above for only 2 weeks and I really like them and how they make my skin feel. Ask me in another month and I may have a different opinion. :) Everyone's skin is different.
Just checking in: Are you protecting your skin from the sun? I hope so! I'm even trying to get my husband to apply an SPF moisturizer every morning.