Monday, November 10, 2008

Finally...

Well for all of you that didn't think we'd ever pick a date...we HAVE!! YAY! It is official that Mike and I will wed on Friday, September 18th, 2009 in Ocean City, MD. We went to visit this place last weekend and we think it's a great place to have our wedding and a great place for a mini-vacation for our guests. There is a lot to do there and it's very family oriented. We'll get info out to everyone regarding the details soon. Ocean City is 2.5 hours from where we currently live so our guests can make it a longer vacation and visit the sites of D.C. More details to come...



I finally bought a leather coat for riding on the bike. Even when it's 60 degrees outside, it's still a little chilly when you are going 65+ miles per hour on the bike. So, of course, since I bought a leather coat, Mike HAD to buy a matching one. :) I'm not sure if it's the cool thing to do to buy matching coats but we look damn good. :) We took our coats out for a test drive on the bike on Sunday. It was pretty chilly but it was a good ride. From last weekend to this weekend, many trees have lost their leaves but it was still a beautiful ride. We tried to make it to Gettysburg, PA but we only made it to Westminster, MD and decided it was a little too chilly. So, now I've decided I need some new boots for riding too.



Mike and I have been living together for a little over 3 weeks now and I'd have to say it's going great. We tend to negotiate on the dog duties..."if you take the dogs out, I'll put the groceries away..." It's working so far. We both tend to get to a point where we can't handle the messiness so we both typically agree when it's time to do some cleaning. Mike is kind of the "lights" patrol...I've been amazed at myself in how often I leave the lights on. Ooops! Mike says, "it's all about saving energy Kirsten." Mike does laundry more often than I do so we do laundry every weekend and then, you'll never believe this, he makes me fold and put my clothes away THAT DAY! What?! If you know me at all, you know I tend to do laundry about once a month and it usually takes another 1 1/2 weeks for me to put my clothes away. So, it's kind of a shock to do laundry every week AND have to put it away that day. So far cooking has been 70% Mike and 30% Kirsten...I'm not a huge cook but I always offer my assistance and he gives me plenty of tasks. :) We are trying to become more "green"...We have a recycling service at our apartment complex so we have become quite the recyclers and we have reusable grocery bags too. Slowly but surely we'll get more and more green.



I think that's all the news for now...I'm sure there will be lots more wedding talk now that we have a date and place!

2 comments:

Melody said...

A wedding date, matching attire, weekly laundry!! Im truly afraid to read your next entry! HA!! sounds like you two are GREAT for each other! Melody

Sheila said...

YEAH!! We are so happy for you and Mike. Weddings are so much fun. We can't wait! I have heard that Ocean City is great. Sounds like you and Mike are doing great! Take care! Love and miss ya!!

Casey, Sheila & Lillian