Sunday, October 18, 2009

girls

Before I begin, I just want to say that I'm madly in love with my husband. If there was only me and one other person left on this earth, I would, hands down, want it to be Mike.

That said, there is something to be said for some quality girl time. Yesterday it was rainy(I think it was the fourth straight day of rain here) and it would have been very easy for me to just lay on the couch all day, read, eat some food, watch TV, etc. But I emerged from my blanket cocoon to go to lunch with two of my close girlfriends. Lunch was followed by a mission of shopping to find some boots for Kate, which was followed by 5 hours of talking and laughing at Adena's place. It's so refreshing to the soul to chat about the normal girl stuff...boys, shopping, perfume, clothes, etc.

It was a great 10-hour Saturday with "the girls."

No comments: