Sunday, October 4, 2009

"something bad happened"

Here is a conversation that happened last night as I called Mike while he was working ~

Mike: "Hey"
Kirsten: "Hi. Something bad happened."
Mike: "What?"
Kirsten, crying and in hysterics: "I threw up in your truck."
Mike, as calm as can be: "You threw up in the truck?"
Kirsten, still crying and sobbing: "I'm sorry."
Mike, still perfectly calm and maybe even laughing: "It's ok."
Kirsten, still in tears: "I didn't mean to and now I feel too sick to go out and clean it up. I'm sorry!"
Mike: "It's ok, we'll just clean it up tomorrow."

Lesson Learned: Throwing up in you husband's truck does not warrant a divorce. :) Whew! :)

P.S. I know you are all concerned about the vomitting episode ~ I'm not really sure what did it. I think it's the combination of run/walking 14 miles yesterday, drinking too much water while I was running, and my running jelly beans weren't sitting very well. It happened on my way home from the run. I feel perfectly fine now.
Now, I need to get out to the truck to clean it up. UGH!

3 comments:

Janna said...

Had this happen to me once in my car--what an awful feeling!! And yes, usually jelly beans don't make for a good pre-run snack . . . ;o)

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing!!!!!!!! LOL! I had to share that one with some of my co-workers!!! LOL

Mike and Kirsten said...

Janna ~ They were sport jelly beans that I usually eat when I run...however, I wouldn't put it past me to eat candy before I run. :)
Beth ~ Glad I could entertain you for a few moments. ;)