Sunday, October 11, 2009

snow in Nebraska??

While Nebraska was enduring snow this weekend...we had an 80 degree day on Friday and some 60 degree days on Saturday and Sunday.
Since the weather was projected to be so nice on Friday, I took the day off and Mike and I enjoyed the fabulous weather. We decided to go on a steam train ride out in western Maryland(about 2 hours away) because it was "almost peak" colors out there. The train ride was fun, got to have lunch at the historic Princess Restaurant in Frostburg, and then took the train back. We drove home and then went to dinner and then a movie. We had free tickets to the movie...how else would I have got Mike to go to the theater with me and watch "Couples Retreat." :) The movie was very funny by the way, I recommend it ~ and Mike liked it too.


2 comments:

Janna said...

Bee-you-tiful!! I need a train ride through some fall foliage, that sounds PERFECT. ;o)

And you're pulling my leg, "sports jelly beans" I have never heard of such a thing. Do they make some "sports chocolate" too? ;o)

Mike and Kirsten said...

It's a true story...I think they are actually called "energy beans" but their intention is to eat them while you run or if you're doing something really active. If you are doing really long runs, a little food on the way is really helpful. AND they do have chocolate too...look up GU. It comes in every flavor!