Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 5 - London...er, guess I mean Paris

Our final full day in London, we decided to take a day trip to Paris. We boarded a bus very early in the morning and they took us to the train station where we boarded the Eurostar for a 2 1/2 hour train ride to Paris. Once we got to Paris we had about an hour bus ride/tour, then an hr boat ride on the Seine, lunch at the Eiffel Tower, toured the Eiffel Tower, then we had about an hour of free time around Le Louvre. Since we didn't have much time, we decided not to go into Le Louvre since it's so huge so we just walked around a bit until it was meeting time.

Although I only have a day to base my judgment, I much preferred London. Paris was so crowded and the traffic was horrible. I'm sure if we had more time to explore and brushed up on our French, I would have really liked it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it...but we also had an interpreter with us at all times.

On the bus after getting off the Eurostar.


Traffic doesn't look bad as we look down this street, but trust me...it was not good!
Paris Opera

As you can imagine, we have a bazillion pics of the Eiffel Tower.


Notre Dame Cathedral - taken on our Seine boat cruise.

Boat Tour

Taken from one of the levels of the Eiffel Tower.

A smooch - isn't this supposed to be the most romantic city in the world?

Our free time - Le Louvre. What more do a I need? A water and starbucks...makes any trip more fabulous than it already was.

Le Louvre

And that's a wrap. Thanks for humoring me and letting me post our entire trip. It was a wonderful 30th birthday surprise. We left the next morning with a 9 hr flight from London to Atlanta and then back to New Mexico.


No comments: