Sunday, July 17, 2011

London - Day 3 - May 9, 2011

It's something about this time of year that I stop blogging for some reason. But since this blog is basically our virtual scrapbook, I want to finish up the London trip. I thought I could pack it into one post but there's just too much to share...and it's fun to look at the pics and relive the trip. I still can't believe Mike pulled this off.

For Day 3, we started off with a tour of Shakespeare's Globe Theater. If we ever make it back to London(or should I say "when" we get back to London :)), I would definitely like to see a play in the theater. Super cool!

The stage is behind us.



From the Globe theater, we made our way to St. Paul's Cathedral...probably one of my favorites of the trip. It was incredible inside(but you aren't allowed to take pics) and we did climb the 530 steps to the very top.


Are we there yet? The height did start to freak me out a little.

See the point way in the distance? That's the "top" where we ended up after climbing all those stairs.


Next up was Westminster Abbey(couldn't take pics inside here either). It was cool to be there and compare it to all the pics I had see of the royal wedding a few weeks before. It puts everything in perspective.

This is the front of the Abbey where Princess Kate made her entrance.

Next up was to tour Kensington Palace...which I later heard is where Kate and William will be living. Sorta cool! Much of the palace and gardens were under constrution but here is a good pic of both.

We ended our day at Regents Park and enjoyed a lovely dinner and bottle of wine at Cafe Rouge.

Day 4 and Day 5 will be coming up next. :)

1 comment:

Janna said...

Way to keep us hanging. ;o) So, just the picture of you ascending all those stairs made my stomach drop a bit. I really can't handle heights in my old age. ;o)

Hope your summer is treating you well!