Sunday, October 26, 2014

cartwheel

I may be late to the game on this but have you heard of the Cartwheel app for Target?

I've seen that Walmart savings catcher app advertised on TV.  The one where you scan your Walmart receipt and if the app finds a cheaper advertised price at a different store, you get a credit for the difference to spend at Walmart.  I thought it was a cool idea and then my sister posted on Facebook that she used it and has some true savings.

Well - I don't shop at Walmart so it was not an app that I could use.

Then I was reading a blog the other day and the writer is a saver...she's very frugal.  She mentioned that she saved money at Target with her Cartwheel app.  What?!?!?  I do shop at Target so I researched the app asap.  Basically, it's an app that has various coupons, you add coupons to your list of coupons(I think you can add 10 coupons to start), then you just scan the app at checkout and it applies all your coupons.  The other cool feature is that you can scan your items with your phone in the store prior to purchase and it will tell you if there is a coupon available.  Mike and I went to Target the other day and I tried it out.  I scanned each of the items we we planning to purchase and one came up as having a coupon(our milk).  I think Mike was a little annoyed that I had to scan each of our purchases with my phone but I find great pleasure in using coupons and saving a little money so it was worth it to me.

So, I've saved a total of 18 cents with the app so far.  :)  Hey, 18 cents is 18 cents people!

In other news, Mike took the day off yesterday and made me new raised garden beds.  Yay!  They are absolutely beautiful!  They aren't totally installed yet but I love them so far.  I'll post pictures once they are done.

No comments: