Hopefully I'll get everything right...
- Mike got up at 3:15pm on Sunday since he's on nights right now he sleeps during the day
- Mike left for work at 9pm on Sunday(he works an 8 hour day every other week)
- Mike's works from 10pm to 6am
- Mike is in court sometime after 6am - court works differently here(than it does in NE) and you always have to go to court the next working day after the specific incident occurred. In this situation, he had a DUI over the weekend so he had court this morning and then last night they had some call that deemed them to go to court
- Mike receives about 5 texts/calls from Kirsten between 10am-12:30pm - am I a scary fiance? Not at all!...I was just very concerned about him because the last time he had court he was home a lot earlier so I thought the worst. I was close to calling dispatch but decided to hold out for a little while longer in hopes of a call or text.
- Mike texts Kirsten indicating that he was still in court.
- Mike gets home at 2:45pm from court and tells Kirsten to wake him up at 4pm(I'm his alarm clock when he works nights) - I had a meeting from 3:30-4:30 so he then told me to wake him up at 3:30 before my meeting.
- Mike is out of the house at 4:30pm headed back to work...since it's Monday, traffic will be heavy and he has to be there to work from 6pm-6am.
Granted he gets 3 or 4 days off per week due to his 12 hour shifts but 45 minutes of sleep seems a little brutal to me. I know he signed up for these duties AND he probably had similar lack of sleep when working in Lincoln AND this probably won't be the last time it occurs...but it's hard not to feel a little sympathy for him(or anyone in a similar situation).
But it's probably a good thing he's not home tonight because I also have a lot of work to do so I'll be working most of the evening as well.(Lots of Work=Job Security...so I'll try not to complain) I won't, however be functioning on 45 minutes of sleep...I plan to get a good 7-8 hours of sleep in tonight.