Sunday, March 1, 2009

5-8 inches of snow expected

That much snow is quite unusual for this area however I'm kind of excited for the excitement of snow...I get jealous when hear about all the snowfall in Nebraska. AND since I don't have to drive in it, I'm looking forward to the snowfall.
Since joining the Book Club, I've spent a good amount of time at the library.(well at least more time than I spent at the library in Lincoln) I decided I could save money by not buying the book we read each month and, instead, borrowing it from the library. Today when I was picking up our March book ('Running with Scissors' by Augusten Burroughs), I decided to browse the DVD section. Last summer, I borrowed season 1 of 'Sex and the City' from Kim...low and behold, the library has the series as well. Since Desperate Housewives(I pick some classy shows, don't I?) isn't on tonight and Mike is working, I figured I'd make some brownies and watch the first DVD of season 2...and try not to eat all the brownies...maybe drink a bottle of wine(er...glass of wine) to go with it. :)
Mike has started his regular schedule. He did end up getting the schedule he wanted...he works nights on Sat, Sun, Mon, and every other Tues. The good news for me is that I think volleyball will be switching to Monday in a couple weeks so the shift isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be for spending time with each other. He is on the Icon Protection division/station so his first night of work last night was spent at the Washington Monument. Tonight I believe he is at the Jefferson Memorial for the first half of his shift and on the Mall for the second half.

2 comments:

Janna said...

Enjoy your snow! We got some Fri/Sat, and it's pretty cold. March is beginning with a bang. ;o)

Mike and Kirsten said...

Well the snow definitely came as predicted. Stuart was less than impressed because the snow was taller than he was and I wasn't about to scoop a path for him into the lawn like I used to in Nebraska when it snowed. Guess he'll live and he'll just have to pee and poo on the sidewalk. Boulevard on the other hand was more than willing to trek through and play in the snow.