Sunday, April 19, 2009

lots to share

It's been awhile since I've blogged so I thought I'd summarize the latest happenings via pictures.

My mom came and visited over Easter weekend. It was awesome to see her and we did a lot in the short time she was here. Cherry Blossom Festival, Crime & Punishment Museum, Newseum, saw 'Ace of Cakes,' ate good food, and enjoyed each other's company! I picked out and ordered my wedding dress while my mom was here to help...but the picture below is NOT my dress. :) You think I'm going to post my dress for Mike to see? NO WAY! But it does seem like my style, huh? YEAH RIGHT...I don't think so!

Mike and I went to a Nationals baseball game. Even though the Nationals aren't good, it was still fun and they had a fireworks show after the game. The Nats are red so Mike was decked out in his Husker gear and I certainly have enough red shirts to choose from.

Mike, Tim, Nikki, and I went hiking at Great Falls, MD and it was quite a hike. Though it wasn't super long, there were lots of rocks and boulders to tackle. Yes, the picture below was as steep as it looks. This was the most challenging part!

And finally, tonight was my HoCoBoCo(Howard County Books & Cooks) April meetup. We read a great book called "Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven" and everyone made a Chinese food dish.(The book is based in China) That's me in the center of the picture with the grey shirt on.

I think that sums it up! Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

Janna said...

Hope you and your mama had a good visit--glad she could get out to see you. ;o) Now, how about a HINT as to what the dress looks like . . .

Mike and Kirsten said...

No hints available... ;) It stays secret until the wedding day! :)