Monday, November 16, 2009

healthy skin

I went to the dermatologist today because I had some weird looking moles that I wanted checked out. The doctor gets to this new "mole"(not really a mole at all but some other type of "growth" she named off) on my knee and she asks me if I've ever had anything frozen off. I say no and she grabs this gun looking thing and proceeds to tell me that it will sting, etc, etc. I say, "You're going to do this now?" She's says yes and that it will just sting a little. :) I have a low tolerance for pain and typically my immediate reaction is tears and panic. If she would have compared my blood pressure when I got to the doctor's office versus at that moment, it definitely would have been elevated. This coming from the girl that cried the first time I had my blood taken out of a vein in my arm when I was 17 or 18.

But I just looked away and it really wasn't so bad...no tears shed. She zapped it a few times, check my entire body for irregular moles/spots, gave me a lecture about tanning in a tanning bed(which I officially swore off after the wedding due to this), zapped it a few more times, and I was on my way. I was in and out in about 15 minutes with no additional irregularities found!

1 comment:

Janna said...

Fun, fun--I had a few moles taken off a few years back. And think I have a few more ready for removal. Always a great time. ;o)