Sunday, April 18, 2010

a few interesting factoids

These are just things I've heard recently so why not give them a try, right??
  • Sleeping on satin pillow cases helps reduce the appearance or new wrinkles from developing. Anything to keep wrinkles away!!
  • Apparently eating pineapple helps keep your skin looking young as well.
It's not a secret that I'm approaching my 29th birthday, which makes me almost 30, so I'll try just about anything to help my skin and keep those wrinkles away. :)

In other news ~ pretty sure I'm not going to participate in a triathlon anytime soon. I got in the pool last week and it was basically a disaster. Oh well...I'll see if I can find some duathlon's(run, bike, run) this summer to try. I think I might even have Mike convinced to do a partner duathlon, in which I would do the running and he would do the biking. Check this out: http://www.warriordash.com/ If we're still here in October, I think we will be partaking in the warrior dash. :)

I have two weeks left of my group fitness instructor training and then I'm going to get certified on June 5th! Maybe that's a little over-confident, I "hope" to get certified on June 5th.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

2 comments:

Janna said...

It's crazy how much harder swimming can be even for you--and you are so in shape! I must say that 30 wasn't as bad as I thought--I think 31 will be harder because I realize I am just watching myself march my way to middle age . . . ;oP Josh has informed me after all these science classes that it really sun/sun damage that ages skin so much. Guess I'll just be happy with pasty white! ;o)

Mike and Kirsten said...

Swimming works muscles that I never knew I had. Although I know the basics of swimming, trying to swim laps is so difficult for me. I think maybe I need a lesson or two to get some tips from someone that knows how to swim well.
I did vow never to tan in a tanning bed again however I'm guessing much of my skin damage is already done from when I was younger. I hear ya about pasty white...I think I may try spray tan for a little color(however I've heard some bad stuff about that too).