Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Leadership Santa Fe

Over the past 4 months or so, I've felt a little discouraged from a career perspective.  Although I enjoy my job, I've had a few "career-related" doors shut in my face over the past few months and let's be honest, no one likes to have a door shut on them.
Over the past month, things have taken a bit of a positive turn.  I was able to work from the Nebraska office, which is always rejuvenating, but the positivity continued with an email I received while I was on vacation last week.
I had applied for a program called Leadership Santa Fe a couple months ago but the program was full so I was put on a waiting list in case a spot opened up.  Unfortunately, the timing of not getting into the program was at the peak of 'doors being shut in my face' so I threw myself a pity party and decided I'd try again next year.  WELL...guess what...a spot opened up and I'm in!  Yay!

I'm excited to learn more about Santa Fe, be more involved in the community, meet new friends, network with local businesses, and hopefully come away with a sense on if and where I can utilize any of "my skills" in the community.

No comments: