Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012??? for real?

I forgot how much I enjoyed blogging and staying updated on my fellow bloggers...so...I'm back for another post. :) I didn't log off work until about 5:30(I typically log off around 3:30/3:45) so I'm a little pooped and could use some blog therapy.

I can't believe it's 2012 already. Wowsers!! I looked back at my first blog of 2011 and it looks like I did accomplish one goal(running 2 half-marathons) last year. Go me! Hmmm...what should 2012 bring for me?? Improving my snowboarding is still on my list of goals but that'll come eventually.

1) I've been working really hard at the gym lately. I'm not really focused on losing weight(however, I certainly wouldn't complain) but I am really "into" growing my strength. I've learned quickly I'm not a fan of the mentality of lifting 5lbs for 100 reps(what a waste of time!!) - I love lifting heavy(let's go 50 lbs for 6-10 reps) and see how my strength has increases. I've done ZERO cardio for the past 5 weeks or so and focused solely on strength training. I've added cardio back in starting this week. My goal is to continue this drive into 2012 and beyond. Strength training is SOOO critical to a woman's health so I would encourage all of you to give it a try. There are tons of resources out there to help create a plan for you!

2) A half-marathon might be on my list of goals for 2012...haven't decided yet.

3) I need to take better care of my teeth. Went to the dentist last Friday and have to get five fillings. WHAT?! I was about in tears at my dentist office. Luckily, Mike needs four fillings too and for some reason that fact makes me feel better. I told Mike my goal was to, on average, brush my teeth two times a day, every other day. Let's be honest - I certainly have not been brushing twice a day or flossing and I'd be kidding myself if I said I was going to start brushing twice a day, every day.

4) Exercise Patience - take a step back and try to look at a situation rationally & objectively before choosing my words and actions. Is there really a point for me to be "snappy" about something when it really doesn't matter? I feel I am a fairly patient person when it comes to my work but I sometimes have little patience with Mike and the pups. How about I pick the "battles" that are productive, instead of all this little, pointless, not life changing stuff!!?

Well - I don't think I can say that these are only 2012 goals but it's a good way to start the year and hopefully continue to develop some good habits.
Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Janna said...

Oh the years, they're a flying! ;o)
Fun to read all your goals . . . while I'm finally feeling pretty good about exercising, one area I've always lacked in would be the strength training. Way to go on the muscle building--hopefully we won't meet in a dark alley. ;o)