Monday, January 2, 2012

the truth is...

I really dislike blogging from our old, very slowwww laptop. I also dislike blogging from the iPad and feel blogging from my work computer probably isn't a good use of my WORK computer. So - here we are...I haven't even opened my blog or kept updated on others blogs since I last posted. UGH! I have a lot of catching up to do. Here is a short continuation of my previous post:

My mom came to visit and I ran my 4th half-marathon here in Santa Fe, NM.
San Diego was quite enjoyable and a nice break, even though Mike was sick part of the time and it rained for two days straight.

Temecula wine country!!



Here are some pics of the fabulous Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta when Mike's parents visited.





A pic of Justin, Stacey, Mike, & I at the end of our very long and strenuous hike. 20 minutes before this picture I was nearly in tears because it was so difficult. I couldn't go 10 steps without having to take a break. It was that steep and I was lacking a little oxygen at 1200 feet.




We took a mini trip down to Carlsbad, NM, where they have a riverboat light cruise on the Pecos. Unfortunately, we had to drive back to Santa Fe in white out conditions...but only ended up adding an hour to our overall drive time.





We were able to come back to NE for Christmas this year. It's been three years since we've been in NE for Christmas. It was so wonderful but went way too fast. I think this picture pretty much summarizes everything. :) Let us open the presents already!!

Cute little Stu! ~ well not so cute on Christmas Eve when he jumped onto a chair, then onto the buffet style table at my mom's to grab a chicken wing before I could get to him...then to do it again 10 minutes later from a different chair and grab a cookie. Seriously!!


Merry Christmas(a little late) from the Carpenters!


1 comment:

Stacey said...

Thanks for the shoutout! I've missed the Cyber Carpenters!