Wednesday, September 26, 2012

an overnight extravaganza

Mike got home from Burning Man on September 7th and he had Saturday/Sunday off as admin days.(I guess they think you should have a few days off after you've worked 12+ hr days for 2.5 weeks)  So - we took this opportunity to take a quick camping trip.  As you probably remember from a previous post, I really enjoy camping and disconnecting from the world every so often.

We packed up on Saturday and headed out, dropped Stu off at the kennel, and drove for about 2.5 hrs until we came to "just the right spot."  Yes, we took Boulevard and Ranger but boarded Stu for the night.  Although, I'm sure he would have been fine, Mike and I wouldn't have got an ounce of sleep because Stu is a yapper.(which is why we run a fan at night to drown out any sounds he may bark at)

We found a spot on Forest Service land with no one close by.  It wasn't a campground or anything, we just found a spot in the forest that looked good.  The dogs ran their hearts out, Mike and I played Bocce Ball(love that game!!), cooked some food, and set up camp.  Since Mike was gone for 2.5 weeks and three days prior to him leaving for that trip, he'd be gone for 2 weeks(and I was gone for a week in there), it was so amazing to just be with him and have uninterrupted time together.

Here are a few pictures for you:
I swear I have to get a gun and shooting lesson every time we do this.  I kinda look like a rock star, don't you think?  It IS legal to shoot here, in case you were wondering.

We got a couple dummies out and played with the pups.  The routine would be: Boulevard would fetch the dummy, Ranger would snatch it out of Blvd's mouth and go lay down somewhere with it(before B could bring it back to us), then while Rang was distracted Boulevard would steal it away again.  It was pretty funny.

We ended up forgetting our camping stove but we had recently bought this cast iron griddle thing so we did all of our cooking like this.  It actually working out perfectly...and a handsome chef to top off the yummy food.

Camping headquarters!



This was right after Blvd and Rang totally knocked me over and I was being attacked with licks.

Two words...Spoiled Rotten!!

I was trying to show off my Husker sweatshirt(it was a game day) and the red bocce balls...apparently Ranger thought I was trying to play.  Why the hat?  Well, we were at 10,000 feet so it was pretty chilly.

Hopefully you can see this video(make sure you have your sound on).  This is Ranger whining because he was tied up while we were playing bocce ball, obviously so the dogs wouldn't chase the balls.   This, coming from the dog, that will bite the heck out of someone if he gets "the command."  What a big baby!!!  And...as usual, Boulevard is an angel in the background.

There you have our camping trip summary.
Be sure to scroll down to see my other post today, in case you missed it!!

No comments: