Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Complaining

I was checking all my social media outlets this morning and the following was posted on facebook by one of the fitness gals I follow.  It really resonated with me and how I've been feeling lately so thought I'd take time out to post:

(This excerpted from The Challenge to Succeed audio series by Jim Rohn ~ I pulled these pieces of the quote from www.jimrohn.com.)

"Complaining.  There's room for legitimate complaining, but if you let this deadly disease of attitude - complaining - loose it will conquer you.  Complaining can take over your life.  Destroy you and leave you without anything.  Nobody want to take along a complainer.  Nobody wants to promote a complainer.  Nobody wants to live with one.  Nobody wants to be a partner of one.  Nobody wants to have one around.  Complaining leaves you out of more opportunities than you can possibly imagine if you let it take over and grab you by the throat..."  "...Complaining is not for the winners in life.  You must focus on what you can do, not what you cannot.  And you must focus on the opportunities not the difficulties.  When you do this you will not only inspire yourself but you will be an example for others to follow as well."

I may just need to paint that bolded sentence on every wall of my house as a friendly reminder to myself.

Happy Tuesday!  Back to work...no complaining allowed!!

No comments: