Sunday, January 12, 2014

thankful for...

I'm back with more reflection the great things in my life:

  • Smart Phones - I was late to the game with getting  my smart phone but now that I have one, I do find it terribly convenient.  From looking up the hours of a store to finding directions when I'm lost, it's pretty darn convenient.  Not to mention, I just recently added the Kindle app so now I basically get to have the book I'm reading with me at all times.  You never know when you may need to wait for something so it's nice to have a book with me.
  • Living in a country in which I can make my own decisions and generally have control over my own life.  
  • Wine - because sometimes a glass of wine really does make things better. (one glass friends, not the bottle!)  :)
  • I can sometimes go a long length of time without talking to my close friends and family.  I'm thankful that they don't take it personally and we can pick up the conversation right where we left it the last time we spoke.  Just because I don't talk to you everyday, doesn't mean I love you less. Thanks for understanding that I dislike talking on the phone sometimes.
  • Clean water - I drink a lot of water.  I'm glad I can turn on the faucet and drink water from it.  You know, there are many places in the world that don't have this.
  • Being able to talk to my husband on the phone ~ when he travels, we typically are able to talk everyday when he is away.  Honestly, all I need is a 5 minute conversation to hear his voice and tell each other that we love the other.
There you have it.  A few more things I'm thankful for.
What are you thankful for?

No comments: